To implement the mandate, the activities envisaged are followings;
- On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
- Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
- Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
- To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
- Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers.
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock etc.) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK.
To accomplish the mandates, KVK has identified major thrust areas as follows.
a) Improving soil fertility by promoting use of organic manures such as compost and vermicompost.
b) Introduction of improved varieties, INM practices and other cultural practices in respect of rainfed crops viz. pearl millet, green gram, moth bean, cluster bean, sesame, groundnut, wheat, chickpea, mustard, taramira and cumin.
c) Minimizing load of agrochemicals by popularizing IPM practices in the field crops.